Many of us are fortunate that we can pick up a menu, medicine bottle or business card and read it directly as is. Unfortunately, not everyone is that lucky. Ai Squared, a TriplePoint client, has developed products for the low-vision community for over twenty years. This week, they expanded their services with the launch of their iPhone application ZoomReader.
Designed specifically for anyone in need of visual assistance, ZoomReader takes a picture of any text, converts the text digitally using Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and reads the text aloud through an integrated voice synthesizer. Standalone OCR devices are very expensive and not usually portable. The ZoomReader app provides a much less expensive on-the-go alternative to these devices, and helps make reading and seeing easier for people with low vision.
Since launch on Tuesday, ZoomReader reached the #2 Grossing App in the Lifestyle Section of the App Store and in the Top 200 Grossing Apps in the entire App Store.
- iPhone App Business Models 101: Paid Downloads, Advertising and In-app Purchases
- Taming the Wild West: How the iPhone App Store Should – and Probably Will – Change
- App Store Continues Rapid Growth with 3 Billion iPhone and iPod Touch App Downloads
- PR Tips for App Developers
- 2009: The App Store Starts Paying More Attention to Female Mobile Gamers